students' poems part 1

Recently I've assigned my students in the Engineering Faculty to use their creativity to come up with something interesting for the first 2 units of their textbook (unit 1- 'now & then', unit 2 - 'things people do'. This morning all ten groups presented in class and I was pleasantly surprised that they were all very creative and they came up with beautiful poems and some of them sang, as well as acted. I truly enjoyed their presentations and I would like to share with all of you some of the poems that my students have written. No changes or corrections are made to the poems. These are their original work.

Poems by group A (Azam, Haziq & Adam)

Now & Then

Your pictures are in frames
Hanging on my walls
Life is hard without you by my side
To have you here again
I would give them all
A picture cannot capture
The beauty of your skin
Or the radiating glow I'd feel when you grin

So I look at you, my soul mate
A picture in a frame
I cry my tears of sorrow, cause I feel God's to blame
God came and took the one
Who made my life complete
People cannot talk or sing to me
The way you used to do
I'll never love another
The way that I loved you


Things People Do

I observed the people around me
Some people are desperate
To find love, money and power
I can see it in their eyes
Their fearness to fight and win fairly
Instead they would do anything
To tear people apart
To only find satisfaction within their heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January '09

New year