safwan's first gig











I've been wanting to share this for quite some time, but i've been rather busy lately.
Last November, Safwan had his first 'gig'. His first concert. Every year, towards the end of the school term, Safwan's school (pre-school), holds a 'Majlis graduasi & Penyampaian Hadiah'(graduation n priz giving ceremony). So, this year, though he didn't get any prize, he was selected to perform a nasyid and he was the lead singer :) He was very excited about it. WE were excited about it. Our son's first concert. Ha ha ha. Everyday he would practice at home. The nasyid was in English, one of the nasyids that Yusof Islam's composed. Fortunately for Safwan, he has been listening to the nasyid before he was seleted to perform. So, he was very familiar to it.
So, the day finally came. His performance was the first performance for the day. My hubby even recorded it. I was nervous for him. I was afraid that he might experience stage fright and forget his lyrics. When he went up the stage, he looked so handsome with his baju melayu and a jubah (i think). He looked very relaxed, so I was relaxed. Then he sang. He was singing confidently. I had tears in my eyes. I was a proud mother :). Though my son was not the first in his class, he's up there singing confidently and fluently in English :). It was one of those 'mother's proud momen't'.

Here are some pictures that i would like to share with you.










Comments

ummi said…
wow...safwan pon dah ber'gig'...you must have been really proud =)
aReLaN said…
hahaha...my first gig pn nasyid mse tadika tp xrekod sbb mse tu tk wjd lg bnda2 tu.bangga mak dia ni kan ank nek pntas.
Unknown said…
uwa..kak andria... mane recorded nasyid tuh? nak dengar... hohoo..letak dalam youtube pon bleh...
Imran Azman said…
why dont u just put a video in this blog.. huhuhuhu

Popular posts from this blog

January '09

New year