my bestfriend

Lately Í've been thinking about my friends. My primary school friends, secondary school friends, university friends, etc. I have / had (?) a best friend. We've been best friends since we were 14. That's long huh... However, lately, these past few years, we've grown apart. We hardly see each other, or even call each other. I guess as you grow older and have your own family, you tend to have less time to entertain your friends. However, no matter how busy both of us are with our lives, we have never missed to wish each other 'happy birthday'every year, even only via sms. The last time we met was almost 3 years ago. The last time we actually spoke to each other on the phone was about a year ago.

I guess through the years, studying and working at different places, we tend to make other friends, who eventually grew closer to us. Now, I find that sometimes I could not talk to her like before, her too. Before... we used to be able to tell each other everything, we shared each other's secrets. Not anymore. I talk to other closer friends now, and i believe the same goes to her too.

It's sad though. We've been each other's best friends for so long, today... we hardly even talk to each other. I hope that we're able to be like the way we were, but i know, it's quite impossible.
Nevertheless, i promised myself that i will make the effort to call her once a month, beginning this month. One of us will have to do it right... so i guess that person will have to be ME.

Comments

good luck with calling her. i hope it works out and i hope you two can become better friends againa!!
aReLaN said…
frenship never ends,from the cradle to the graveyard n till the life afterwards, Insya-ALLAH.gudlark
HFX said…
everything ends.
friendships.
best friendships.

etal.

heh.
(nod2) agreeing with Hafiz

Popular posts from this blog

January '09

New year